Termite Treatment Adelaide
Left without treatment termites can cause major damage to the structure of your home or building. When we’re talking about termites, prevention is always better than cure!
When deciding on the best course of action for your situation we consider:
- Breed of termite
- Soil type
- Construction type
- Environmental variabilities and
- Personal preferences
Innovative pest control are trusted termite treatment Adelaide specialists. We use only the best baiting systems for your home. Saving you time, money and heartache in the long run.
Do I Have Termites?
There are a few tell-tale signs that you might have a termite problem in your home or office. If you’ve encountered these signs, or anything else to suggest a termite nest be sure to contact Innovative Pest Control Adelaide right away.
- Termites like to keep hidden away so if you see them in your house or yard this is a pretty good indicator you have a problem. If you find a termite you should call us right away.
- You may see winged termites (alates) or termite wings. Alates leave an old nest to set up shop as kings and queens of new nests. If you see alates about and don’t act quickly, you may soon find a new nest of termites eating their way through your home.
- If you spot termite mudding in the sub-floor, roof void or on fences or trees in the yard chances are you have a problem. Mud tubes act as protective barriers between the termites and predators.
- Keep an eye out for any ‘bubbling’ on paint, walls or woodwork. This could be a sign that termites are chipping away at the wood underneath. If termites are working close to the surface you may also see the odd mud spot on your paintwork.
- Faint chewing or tapping noises at night. It is possible to hear the termites eating, and the tapping is the termites ‘head-banging’ to communicate with each other.
So, you think you might have a termite problem? Contact us today for a free quote.
What To Do If I Have Termites?
If you find termites or think you might have termites, the best first thing to do is give us a call.
We specialise in termite control Adelaide and will be able to guide you through the whole process. Taking matters into your own hands can end up making things more difficult and potentially costly for you.
In the meantime, here are a few things NOT to do.
- Do not spray with area with insecticides. This will only kill a few and not the entire nest. It then repels the rest them from the area and they will appear elsewhere resulting in more damage.
- Do not break open or disturb mud tubes.
- Do not break open walls or damages areas where they might be feeding.
By doing any of these things, if the termites are not there, it makes it very difficult to treat them. The best thing to do is call us as soon as you notice any signs of termites and we can take care of the problem for you.
Spotting the subtle signs of termite attack can be a little tricky. Termites are sneaky and often you only know they are there once they have done significant damage. Professional termite treatment and prevention is really the only way to avoid severe termite damage.
Our termite baiting options are environmentally friendly products that, whenever possible, are harmful chemical free.
Backed with 30 years of Pest Control in Adelaide, we’ve been trusted time and again to get the job done right the first time with minimal mess and fuss.